We decided to have a little getaway a couple of weekends ago, and took ourselves, the toddler and the dogs off down the mountain to Malua Bay. It was bloody freezing! The dogs had a good time though ;)
So even though it was terribly cold and wet and soggy, I’m still so grateful to the universe that I am lucky enough to have my family and the means to zip down the coast for the weekend to be with them.
Remembering a weekend in October of last year, about a week before we lost JA’s dad. Such a lovely weekend in the spring time, with the doggies, my parents, our bubba, and Frank, very special memories that we will cherish. Photos 2 to 5 were shot by Rafa himself, first foray into using a DLSR for him ;)
Today would have also been Altarra’s 32nd birthday, if she were still with us. She would probably have 2 or 3 kids, be living in Sydney and be crafting it up every weekend. I miss her.
Thank you my families for a really lovely day, we had breakfast with JA’s side and lunch with mine, and our first Easter egg hunt with Rafa was deliciously fun and adorable =D
It’s been a very emotional year.
I’ve watched my baby boy grow up so much, pass all the usual milestones and jump ahead in leaps and bounds, he’s such a clever little engineer (still yet to say a word though!). We are so lucky to have him and are amazed that we created him.
We were also devastated by the loss of JA’s dad Frank, in October. We continue to miss him every day, and all I can say is thank goodness for Rafael and his cousin Malia, putting smiles on our sad faces every day.
This is an extremely image heavy post, but it brings joy to my heart to see my little Rafa and remember all the great things we did this year.
(Images are in reverse order from December back to January)
(I’m posting this a month late, and will be doing his 11 months post right after this one!)
I take a lot of photos throughout the month of everything that is happening in our lives, and I try to then put them all in my project life album once I get them printed. The problem is though, if it’s been a month or so since taking them, I can’t always remember what the occasion or specific moment was that I wanted to record. So I have an account with OhLife, which is an awesome little free service where they send you an email every evening, asking you how your day was. You write a quick line or two about what happened that day, if there was anything great or momentous, and it all gets saved in your private OhLife account. You can then log in later and read back over what happened on specific dates. I then match these up with the photos I’ve taken on that date, and everything is then in the right order and makes sense in my album! I highly recommend it =)
I’m posting a few little excerpts below of what I’ve written about Rafa ♥
- July 15th : Rafa’s bottom left baby tooth is poking through. Took his 9 month photos yesterday, 2 days late. This morning he mumbled something suspiciously like “tickle” which was awesome. Probably a fluke though ;)
- July 19th : Rafa is definitely pressing the buttons on his mobiles phone intentionally now, so cute!
- July 23rd : First day back at work! It was really good. And Rafa is clapping and playing peek-a-boo by himself now, it’s awesome.
- July 24th : Rafa was saying “diggle diggle diggle” all morning and afternoon =D
- July 30th : Rafa is learning to brush his teeth, it is very cute and so far so good!
- August 3rd : Rafa seems to be teething again, a bit cranky, not sleeping/napping well and very hungry all the time! He is also kneeling now and starting to pull up on things.
- August 8th : Rafa is the. BEST. BABY. in the whole world. He is pulling up on absolutely everything now and just wants to stand up all day!
- August 11th : Went to swimming today and took some more videos of both babies =)
He also makes this hilarious squinty-smiley face, all the time. So, so funny.
He loves to sit and “read” his Spot books, upside-down and backwards of course, but he’ll sit there for a good 10-15 minutes flipping the pages back and forth. Super smart boy ;)