Before going to the coast last week I made 2 ribbon organiser boxes. One turned out really well, the other not so much.

Thousands of ribbons!

Thousands of ribbons! (I may be exaggerating slightly)

Here is the latter, made from an old tissue box. The reason I don’t like the end result is because the tissue box was too flimsy to begin with, the walls went a bit soggy when I mod podged the brown paper to them, and I made the hole in the lid (black polypropylene) too large, so you can see too much of the inside of the box. The hole had to be this big to fit the larger ribbon spools in, so it was a bad design to begin with. It looks ok from a distance though.

Before

Before

After

After

The second box worked beautifully, though it wasn’t really much to it, just re-purposing an old iPhone box. I mod podged some white paper over the base to cover the price sticker and some other info, then simply placed the ribbons inside, popped on the lid and turned it on it’s side. The ribbons pull out nicely and look great against the pretty white box =)

Before

Before

Covering the base

Covering the base

Ribbons inside

Ribbons inside

Finished Ribbon Organiser box

Finished Ribbon Organiser box

Let me know what you think!